Photo Evidence of Painting & Exposure to Asbestos on the Ships & Small Craft.
A number of your shipmates and their Widows need your assistance, please.
Exposure to asbestos and certain chemicals including some paints is proving responsible for causing fatal diseases in a number of us who served on the ships.
An increasing number of your shipmates have been/are involved in processing claims for compensation relating to exposure to these diseases. This includes a Widow of a shipmate who has had her claim rejected by DVA.
To assist in the processing of these claims and appeals, we seek your assistance, please.
Could you provide any/all:
- Photos of crew members painting on the ships. We need this evidence.
- Photos of the paint locker would be of great assistance.
- Photos of asbestos insulation, gland packing, gaskets, dust etc
- Evidence of the use of ‘Red Lead’/’Yellow Chromate’ primers, White Lead, Polyurathane etc will be appreciated.
- Any comments/evidence you may have will be treated confidentially and will not be used without your consent.
We need your assistance now to assist your shipmates and a Widow.
Please forward to me as shown below:
Peter (Blue) Atkinson
3 Maureen Court
Heatherton Vic 3202