DO YOU LIVE ON THE GOLD COAST? This may help you.
COMSUPER INFORMATION SESSION 12.30pm to 3pm Wednesday 15th February 2023 – BURLEIGH RSL SUB BRANCH
A Comsuper information session will be held 12.30pm to 3pm (Qld) Wednesday 15th February 2023 at Burleigh Heads RSL Sub Branch. Please pass this on to all your serving and ex-serving mates.
No RSVP is required, just turn up.
Aim of session
The aim of this session is to provide information about the process of a Retrospective Medical Discharge from Defence – whether that be DFRDB (prior to 1992) or MSBS (post 1992) so that you have the ability to process your Retrospective Medical Discharge Application. Or if you choose to seek Legal Advice what you need to know.
Who is running this information session?
- Debra Lumsden who volunteers at Tweed RSL supporting Veterans through this process.
- Debra is NOT a lawyer, financial planner, etc. and is providing this information for assistance ONLY
- Debra talks with Comsuper every week and has had in-depth discussion on how to get claims processed successfully
- Joe Russell from Tweed RSL will also be attending to answer any general questions re DVA. These will be answered after the Comsuper Information Session
- 12.30 to 3.30 pm (with a break)
- Debra will be available after this to answer further questions
What will be covered
- Process of the initial application
- Where to get your supporting evidence
- Why Comsuper want this evidence and how they use it
- How to complete the Application for Retro Discharge
- If successful what Pensions are available and how does that affect DVA claims and payments
Who will benefit from the session
- Veterans or those supporting Service and Ex-Service who believe there was a medical reason rather than and administration for discharge
- Advocates who want to know more about the Comsuper Process
- If you have lodged either a DART claim or Ombudsman claim in relation to abuse in the Defence Force – this provides suitable grounds for a Medical Discharge
What to bring
- Note Paper and Pen
- Any information you want checked over to see if you should include or exclude in your application
- List of Questions
- This session is an information session and will be kept at a general level. If you have more personal questions please keep them to the end and discuss with Debra
- The information provided is for general use and you are responsible for any action taken